I’ve spent a lot of time going through forums and message boards looking for directions on how to set up my standard (non e-print ready) printer with Google Cloud Print, and I found quite a few different “answers.” But none of them worked. Some had me creating accounts at hp.com and doing this and that. I gave up for a while, and thought I’d have to buy a new printer. But it turns out, it’s pretty SIMPLE.
Here’s what I did:
- Confirm that your printer is connect to your router (push the wireless button on your printer to see if it displays an IP address).
- Add printer to a Mac or PC computer. Print from your PC/Mac to test that you are connected wirelessly (you may need a friend’s computer for this).
- Go to the chrome browser on your PC/Mac and go to Chrome advanced settings > Google Cloud Print and hit the “Manage” button.
- Log in with your google account (the one you use on your Chromebook).
- Add the printer to your google cloud printing account (still on your PC/Mac computer)
- Now go back to your Chromebook and print something!
This seems much simpler than logging into hp.com and setting up your printer through them. Try it out, and let me know if it worked for you, or if it didn’t. I hope this helps all the people out there who have been having trouble with this.